Wednesday, July 30, 2014

...BE WARM AND COMFORTABLE

In his book The Pursuit of Excellence, Ted Engstrom wrote these words: "I was cleaning out a desk drawer when I found a flashlight I hadn't used in over a year. I flipped the switch, but wasn't surprised when it gave no light. I unscrewed it and shoot it to get the batteries out, but they wouldn't budge. Finally, after some effort, they came loose. What a mess! Battery acid had corroded the entire inside of the flashlight. The batteries were new when I'd put them in, and I'd stored them in a safe, warm place. But there was one problem. Those batteries weren't made to be warm and comfortable. They were designed to be turned on -- to be used." It's the same with us. We weren't created to be warm and comfortable. God designed you to Glorify His Name in whatever that you do. Unfortunately, the enemy is out there to derail God’s great plan for you. The enemy is looking for someone to devour and you have to fight back. That’s why each morning, it is IMPORTANT to meditate your memory verse. It’s your protection from any attack of the enemy. One of my morning memory verses is from Ephesians 6:10 that say "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." It’s short but powerful if you’ll meditate it sincerely. Make it your memory verse too. Remember, you can always hit the enemy back with God’s word.

No comments:

Post a Comment