Monday, April 15, 2013

TRUST IN THE LORD...

Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.


Green Bay Packers' [now Seattle Seahawks] head coach Mike Holmgren looks back at a heartbreaking moment, when he was cut from the New York Jets as backup quarterback to Joe Namath, that directed him to a bigger plan.

"I had committed my life to Jesus Christ when I was 11, but in my pursuit to make a name for myself in football, I left God next to my dust-covered Bible.

But after getting cut from the Jets, I pulled out my Bible and found comfort in a verse I had memorized in Sunday school:

'Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths' (Proverbs 3:5-6).

"I asked Jesus Christ to take control again. My priorities in life are faith, family, and football--in that order."

It's impossible to truly love God in your heart and live God's Word unless you have it committed to your heart and memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment