Friday, November 15, 2013

Never Forsaken


 
Frequently we pray that God will not forsake us in our hour of trial and temptation, but we forget that this prayer should be on our lips at all times. There is no moment of our life, however holy, when we can live without God’s constant upholding.

Whether in light or in darkness, in communion with the Lord or in temptation, we at all times need the prayer, “O LORD, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God.” (Psalm 38:21) A little child, while learning to walk, always needs her parents’ aid. The ship abandoned by the captain drifts at once from its course. Likewise, we cannot do without continued aid from above.
Let it then be your prayer to-day: “Do not forsake me Lord. Father, do not forsake your child, or he will fall by the hand of the enemy.

 Shepherd, do not forsake your lamb, or he will wander from the safety of the fold.

Great Gardener, do not forsake your plant, or it will wither and die. ‘O LORD, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God,’ and do not forsake me at any moment of my life. Do not forsake me in my joys, or they will absorb my heart.

Do not forsake me in my sorrows, or I will murmur against you.

Do not forsake me in the day of my repentance, or I will lose the hope of pardon, and fall into despair.

 And do not forsake me in the day of my strongest faith, or my faith will degenerate into presumption.

Do not forsake me, for without you I am weak, but with you I am strong.

Do not forsake me, for my path is dangerous, and full of snares, and I cannot live without your guidance. The hen forsakes not her own brood, and I ask that you will even more cover me with your feathers, and permit me under your wings to find my refuge. ‘Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.’ (Psalm 22:11) ‘Leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.‘ (Psalm 27:9)”
 Question: Have you ever felt forsaken by God? Were you really forsaken

No comments:

Post a Comment