Saturday, August 16, 2014

God's Word has been tried and true

I once heard this funny story... An old couple was sitting by the fireside. He looked over at her, had a romantic thought, and said, "After fifty years, I've found you tried and true." The wife's hearing wasn't very good, so she said, "What?" He repeated, "After fifty years, I've found you tried and true." "After fifty years, I'm tired of you too," she replied. I hope the story made you smile and laugh. It's a good way to start your day. Seriously though, I would like to point out to you today is this... God's Word has been tried and true. Unfortunately, despite of countless testimonies we've heard, miracles over miracles, victories over victories about God's limitless power, we still struggle to allow God to move in our lives. We're trying to control the steering wheel of our lives instead of letting it go and let God's hand be in control. The key to a victorious living is to constantly remind yourself of God's love, mercy, and grace. You do this by constantly meditating God's word or your memory verse. Studying, meditating the Scripture has an immense power and only those who are doing it can experience the power. Look, you don't have to believe everything that I'm saying. But you ought to try it and see if what I'm saying is true or not. Take Studying, meditating the scripture as part of your Christian life and move to a higher level of faith. Again, if you're not meditating God's Word, you're meditating someone else words. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment