Friday, August 8, 2014

WHAT IS YOUR ANCHOR DURING HER PERSONAL STORM.

One time, a young man who attended a local church heard that the husband of one of their ushers recently died. He decided to visit the widow in their hope. He was even practicing the words he will tell her once she opens the door. To his surprise, the widow was in good spirits. She even offered tea and biscuits. He asked the widow why she was such in a good mood considering that her husband has just died. She replied, “Yes. I am saddened. But I am also joyful because my husband is with the Lord. I have been reading my Bible more. I read Psalm 146 over and over again.” “The Lord told me through these verses that He will take care of me. I do not have to worry about anything.” Instead of being the one to encourage the widow, the young man left the house encouraged. Consider it a change of roles. In Psalm 146:4-5, it says: “When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing. Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God.” The widow overcame her depression not through therapy or a self-help book. It was because she meditated of the Word of God. In fact, I am sure she has Studied, memorized, meditated Psalm 146 already. It has become her anchor during her personal storm. Best of all, through her memory verse, God spoke to her and assured her that she will be provided for. That’s what a simple studying of scripture can do for you. What this really is about is teaching your brain and engaging your heart to not only learn scripture but to really walk your Christian talk. Be a mobile carrier of the glory, power, word of God .

No comments:

Post a Comment