Friday, October 5, 2012

GOD IS CRYING FOR A REPLACEMENT


GOD IS CRYING FOR A REPLACEMENT

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Number 14:26-35 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me. Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me, Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun. But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised. But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in this wilderness.And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness. After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise. I the LORD have said, I will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.


From Isaiah’s experience in the above passage, we discovered that a man can be preaching up and down as Isaiah was doing, yet, God will never cease to ask “whom shall I send and who will go for us
Isaiah never saw or knew that his very position had been advertised. But something happened that made him to start thinking, and that experience brought Isaiah to a standstill where he met and knew God better. Isaiah suddenly discovered that God was looking for someone else apart from him.

What was basically wrong with a man like Isaiah that God had to look for someone else despite the fact that he was there in full ministry?

When Moses died it was normal for God also to advertise his position and when it was time for Elijah to go, God also advertised to the sons of the prophets if there was any one of them who was willing to come in.

But I cannot understand how a man is actively ministering, and having what we call a fiery message yet heaven is still asking “ whom shall we send, and who shall go for us?”

If anybody over-heard that cry of God, the person would wonder what the reason was, seeing that someone like Isaiah was already there. But heaven seemed to be saying Isaiah was there as if there was nobody. Whatever he seemed to be doing, from heaven’s point of view, was “undone”.

God is crying for a replacement- a servant that will satisfy His heart. Ours may not be like Isaiah’s . The cry of my own heart is why should I be there and heaven will say there is nobody yet?



















No comments:

Post a Comment