Friday, August 24, 2012

LIFE IS IN STAGES


LIFE IS IN STAGES...

Luke 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? (KJV)

When I was in high-school, an old man asked me this question..."How do you eat an elephant?"

Young and innocent, so I thought it was a joke or something. I responded with sarcasm and said "Well, I don't eat elephant."

The man smiled and responded..."One bite at a time."

You see, when you're trying to accomplish big things in life like paying off your debt, lose 20 pounds, start a ministry, or whatever you have to realize that for it to happen, you need to start with just one small step.

A lot of people are overwhelmed and paralyzed just by the thought of their BIG goal.

Do you want to grow in faith? Start with just 10 minutes of prayer every morning and you'll be amazed how this simple act can develop your intimate relationship with God.

It's the same thing in studying the scriptures, meditating God’s word, memorizing God's Word.

Start with just one verse at a time.

You'll be surprised how this simple act will help you improve your memory and soon you'll find it much easier to memorize longer scriptures.

Take this important first step.

2Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

O Lord, satisfy me early with thy mercy; that I may rejoice and be glad all my days in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment