Wednesday, August 15, 2012

THE SURVEY OF LIFE.


THE SURVEY OF LIFE

In a survey, people over 90 were asked, ‘If you had your life to live over what would you do differently? ‘Three answers constantly re-emerged:

(a)I would spend time with my family and friends.

(b)I would take more risks.

(c)I would do things that would live on after I am gone.
Wisdom is the art of knowing what to overlook. Petty things steal too much of time and we finish up living for the wrong reasons.

Planned neglect until my training period is completed, I deliberately neglect everything else. If you react to every situation and say,’yes’to every request, you will never succeed in what you are called to do. Several years ago 300 died mysteriously. Why? Because they pursued a school of sardines and ended up marooned in a bay. The little ones to their deaths.


By chasing small ends they wasted their vast powers and got on significant results. Paul had it figured out: ‘The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me’ ‘’But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. (KJV)Acts 20:24.What is your most important thing?
One of the most interesting stories to come from the Titanic disaster was of a wealthy woman who had a place in one of the life boats. Asking if she could return to her stateroom for something, she was given three minutes. Stepping over money and precious gems littering her cabin floor, she grabbed three oranges and returned to the lifeboat. Circumstances transformed her values; tragedy clarified her priorities. Learn from her; be wise prioritize.



No comments:

Post a Comment