Wednesday, August 15, 2012

YOUR YESTERDAY.

YOUR YESTERDAY.

Your yesterdays have made you what you are today, but your tomorrows can make you what God always intended you to become. If your yesterdays were a long list of repeated failures and rebellion against God; and have been reinstated frequently by Him and you flagrantly sin again; God might strip you of any future blessing.
Choose to consecrate yourself for the wonders of God; realign yourself with God’s plans and watch Him begin to work in your life. Do not discard your tomorrow when you desperately need them.



Time has a way of catching you unawares. It seems like yesterday I was young, just married and embarking on my new life. Where did the years go? I know I have lived them all, and I get ‘glimpses’ of how it was back then …my hopes and dreams. But here it is …the winter of my life…How did I get here so fast? I remember seeing older people and thinking winter was so far off I could not fathom or imagine it. But here it is ..my friends are retired and getting grey…they move slower…I see great changes. I remember when they were young and vibrant, now we are the ‘old folks’ we never thought we would become.
Each day I find that taking a shower is a real target, and taking a nap is not a treat anymore, it is mandatory, otherwise I fall asleep where I am sitting. I am unprepared for the aches, pains, and the loss of strength and ability to do the things I wish I would have done and did not do. Winter is here and I am not sure how long it will last. If you are not there yet, let me remind you it will be here faster than you think.

Whatever you would like to accomplish in your life…do it today. Do not put it off, because you can never be sure if this is your winter.


There is no guarantee you will see every season of life, so say and do all the things you would want your loved ones to remember. Your life is a gift from God; how you live it is your gift to Him and ensuing generations’.


"O that they were wise that they understood this that they would consider their latter end! Det.32:29


The bible says: Oh, that they were wise, they understand this, that they would consider their later end! One of life’s greatest challenges is thinking and doing the things that ultimately matter and bring success.
A life in which anything goes, is a life in which nothing goes, Wisdom means having the discipline to prioritize and the ability to work towards a stated goal. The question is not, ‘Will my calendar be full’, but ‘Who will fill it’, and ‘what will it be filled with? To know your life’s priorities you must frequently pause and ask:

(1) Lord, what do you want me to do?’ “And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. Acts 9:6

(2) What is required of me that nobody else can do?

(3) What will bring the greatest return? God does not reward effort, He rewards wisdom.

The Lord will reveal beneficial secrets and grant me the understanding of where I would fit into God's programme for this generation in Jesus name.



No comments:

Post a Comment