Wednesday, September 5, 2012

“…AND IT CAME TO PASS”


Isaiah 49:25-26 “Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children. And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.”
(KJV)
A certain Sunday class was asked the question, "In your time of discouragement, what is your favorite Scripture?" A young man said, "the Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want Psalm 23:1."

A middle age woman said, "God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1."
Another woman said, "In this world you shall have tribulations, but be of good cheer, I have overcome this world. John 16:33-35."
Then old Mr. John, who was 80 years old, with head of white hair and dark black skin, stood up and said with as much strength as he could muster, "and it came to pass 85 times in the Bible."
The class started to laugh a little thinking that old Mr. John's lack of memory was getting the best of him. When the snickering stopped, he said.

"At 30 I lost my job with six hungry mouths and a wife to feed. I didn't know how I would make it. At 40 my eldest son was killed overseas in the war. It knocked me down.
At 50 my house burned to the ground. Nothing was saved out of the house. At 60 my wife of 40 years got cancer. It slowly ate away at her. We cried together many a night on our knees in prayer.
At 65 she died. I still miss her today. The agony I went through in each of these situations was unbelievable. I wondered where God was. But each time I looked in the Bible I saw one of those 85 verses that said, 'and it came to pass.'
I felt that God was telling me, my pain and my circumstances were also going to pass and that God would get me through it."
Let me ask you this...

As long human being are on the surface of the earth, there will be challenges

Are you also in a worst situation in life and you're feeling helpless?


Are you at your wit end?

Are you about to give in life?

Has your problem defined your life?

Has your problem become a sign post?

Every problem that has embarrass you the herm of His garment will dry it up

Has the mouth of men torture your life?

The good news is, if you will fill your mind and heart with God's Word, you'll always be reminded that you have a God that will rescue you. No matter how big your problem is.
Take a moment right now and choose a "memory verse" that you can meditate whenever you're in a time of discouragement. The word of God can give you peace, joy, and assurance of victory.

God will rescue you as you believe His word and call on Him concerning the issues of your life in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment