Thursday, September 20, 2012

GOD’S WORD IS OUR PROTECTION


GOD’S WORD IS OUR PROTECTION

Several weeks ago, my 5 year old son and I had a fight.

It started while we were playing a video game.

In the middle of the game and with his excitement he suddenly blurted out "What the F***?"

When I heard this I was shocked!

I'm shocked because nobody in our Christian family is using those words.

Honestly, I was confused and I don't know what to say and do. So my natural reaction was to get mad at him.

Then I asked him..."Where did you learn that?"

And because he knew I'm already mad he started crying and can't talk. But after a while I realized something. The enemy is really after my son.

He's trying to destroy my kids and will do everything he can to steal my son from God's hand.

I suddenly felt fear.

So I hugged my son and told him how much I love him.

I immediately uttered a prayer to God that he protects my son from the enemy. Then I felt the peace of the Lord.

Why am I telling you all these?

I'm sharing you these to give you warning.

Warning that the enemy is true, he's active, and eager to destroy God's great plan for you.

John 10:10 says "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..."

But the best thing is from the same verse too where it says...

"I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."

Remember, we're in a battle and God's Word is our protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment