Monday, September 17, 2012

DISPOSABLE GOD


DISPOSABLE GOD

In a scene from a home video, a film based on real life story of a very sick woman was being produced . Luke has returned to Lagos from the scene of the film, where he has just been working on other films to meet his wife Lucy.

She is dying from cancer, and, through the struggle with her illness, she and Luke, her husband have been discovering the depth of their love for each other.

As Luke arrives at the scene where he is shooting a film, he is met by Tony, a film engineer, who asks what news there is.

Luke hesitates; then, deciding to speak of the film and not the cancer, he says, "Ah, good news, I think, Tony. Yes, good news."

Tony, not aware of the film and thinking that Luke is referring to Lucy’s medical situation, replies, "I know how hard you've been praying .... Now, God is answering your prayer."

"That's not why I pray, Tony," Luke responds. "I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God; it changes me."

Isn't that true? We all desperately need God and we're all helpless without Him.

But the problem is, we sometimes act as if our relationship with God is "optional." , disposable.

Meaning, we only pray when we're in trouble. We only seek His face when we're confused or in pain. We only read our Bible when we need an answer from Him.

Look, if you've been unfair with your relationship with God now is the time to catch up and make amend.

God is not a disposable item that we use and dump. God is not a disposable item, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment