Saturday, September 22, 2012

GROW UP IN THE LORD, DON’T GROW OLD IN THE LORD…


GROW UP IN THE LORD, DON’T GROW OLD IN THE LORD…

2 Corinthains 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

(KJV)

Ever wonder why sometimes you lose interest in praying or reading your Bible?

We all know it's the enemy's spiritual attack on us, but how does he attack us?

You see, knowing his strategies will give us ideas on how to defend ourselves from it.

Common tactic that he uses is to keep us busy by keeping our mind with an overwhelming "to dos".

How do you defend yourself from it?

One summer afternoon, I visited my friend Dan in his home in Lagos, Nigeria.

It was a modest home with a huge backyard overlooking a golf course.

While we're having snack and fellowship, I noticed their fridge doors were covered with these magnetic memorabilia.

I was intrigued so I moved closer to the fridge to see it.

Amazingly, these are souvenirs from different countries and cities in United States my friend and his family has visited.

And as I read each memorabilia one by one, my friend has a great story to share about their experience from that place.

Each memorabilia is associated with unforgettable stories.

In our walk with Christ, we should also have a "mental memorabilia" that will remind us of God's faithfulness.

Regularly, we need to stop and remind ourselves of what God has done and will do for us.

Scripture meditation is your way to defend yourself from overwhelming attack of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment